Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday Destination Dreaming # 6


This weekend I want to be somewhere easy, some place that mandates a certain amount of lounging around. I want to ditch my shoes, purposely not wear a watch, and move very slowly. Take me to the Caribbean coast of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, where my toes will crunch through powder white sand, and I can sit on a lounge chair with a book in one hand and a margarita in the other. My uniform of choice will be a wide-brimmed straw hat, sunglasses, bathing suit and sarong. Stella will be my side, slathered in sunscreen, playing with a bucket and shovel under a bright umbrella. My husband will be flexing his long lovely muscles out at sea, letting all stress glide off his back like the water and becoming one with his true salty dog nature.

When we have a little more energy we will go to Tulum and visit the Mayan Pyramid ruins, shrouded by tropical vegetation and overlooking the Caribbean, or explore the jungle south of Rio Bec, home to howler monkeys and colorful parrots. For the most part, our time will be spent in and by the turquoise waters, snorkeling, swimming, beach combing and soaking up the sun. Thanksgiving turkey will be a distant memory when I gorge myself on fish tacos and fresh guacamole and chips....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home