Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Misery

This past month has been one of the worst in my life.
Nothing tragic has happened - I have just been incredibly sick, and still am.
I have thought about writing many, many times, but besides not feeling well, and not wanting to spend any more time in front of the computer than I have to, I thought, "who the hell is going to want to read about my misery?".

This all started around the beginning of July, when I began suffering all day headaches, that originate at the back of my neck and the base of my skull, and radiate around my head like Jesus' thorny crown, throbbing fiercely across my forehead. This ache is C O N S T A N T, and is coupled with ALL-day nausea.

For weeks, I have been useless, often lying prone in my bed, and not doing a lick of housework or cooking. Daniel has had to step-up big time, which he has never failed to do, and take care of both me, Stella, work, and living. About the only thing I have managed to do is croak out my day's worth of labor, and thank the stars that I work out of my home, where I can go from night to day in the same pajamas, not brush my teeth or hair, and poop out at odd times.

Seriously, this is no joke. I have felt this rotten. My parents have been visiting for almost two weeks, and I feel like my Mom is holding my life together. She is cooking, cleaning, and entertaining Stella non-stop. Before their arrival, I called on the help of some of my Mommy friends to have Stella over for a playdate, without my attendance. Thanks to all these people, I have managed.

If there has been anything to learn from this experience (which is yet to be over), it is a new compassion for those who are very sick and in pain, sometimes terminally, and a heartfelt conviction that I never - ever - want to be pregnant again.

Eleven weeks and counting...

5 Comments:

Blogger Reinmorgen said...

Are you pregnant again? Did I miss that? Oh my! Congrats if you are. I had the constant headache with my first trimester. Lack of caffeine. I gave up and had half a can a day and my headaches went away. Have you cut down or out your caffeine? If so, that might be the culprit.

Otherwise, sit in the dark and enjoy the family hands! They are a blessing. I don't have them around me, but my MIL was here after Tyler was born and a few days after Morgen and she was a HUGE help. I wish she would come again. Unfortunately the trip from Iran is very long and hard on her old bones :(

Hugs and good thoughts coming your way!
Rein

PS, Please share anything!!! Sometimes your blog is the jist of my adult communication in one day. LOL

4:59 PM  
Blogger mrsgreen said...

Rein, you are correct! That was my semi-sneaky way of letting the secret out :)
My midwife suggested the the caffeine possiblity, as I drank tons of coffee, but I can't handle the smell now, and black tea has not helped my headaches.
- Sarah

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stumbled onto your site via Sweet Juniper and your post struck a chord. I am glad I am not the only one who despises this whole pregnancy thing. While I utterly love the outcome, the whole pregnancy process never treats me very well. Reading your post just made me feel so much better to know I am not alone in this misery! Hopefully this 2nd pregnancy will produce less nausea for us both! Email me if you want to complain, I will totally understand!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Reinmorgen said...

yeah Sarah!!! I have the biggest grin on my face for you, Dan, and Stella. Congrats!

Drink a soda if you can't handle the coffee or tea. Anything with caffeine. Heck, eat some dark chocolate.

I remember with Tyler I was sooo sick (with all three I was), but with Tyler once a day I could stomache a bean burritto, no onions and very easy sauce from Taco Bell.

Tuna and chinese food still can turn my stomache. It seems with all three I figured out I was pregnant after tossing up one of those meals. LOL

I feel for you. I was sick 24/7 for the first four months with all three kids. Then the heartburn! UGH. I hate being pregnant, but love having babies. I still want one more ;)

11:16 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Thanks for visiting my site, and I am enjoying visiting yours.

I had fairly easy pregnancies, no major sickness, but I can still relate to your feelings of not wanting to go through it again. I have been pregnant four times, have three living children, and even though part of me would love another child, I can't imagine going through another pregnancy. For me, it is also the emotional stress involved. I don't think I can put myself, or my family, through that again.

I sure hope you feel better soon! How far along are you?

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home