Friday, September 07, 2007

Formal Announcement

There are big changes here, which will also explain my disappearing act. As I had last divulged, I am pregnant again, now at 15 weeks. This fact has provided the impetus to finally leave our one and a half bedroom apartment, our home in Brooklyn for the past 4.5 years. Our spacing issues with raising a toddler AND working out of our living room had already reached boiling point, but laziness, cheapness, and indecision kept us from finding a new place. With thoughts of carrying groceries, a near 2 year old, and a bowling ball in my belly all up a 4 story walk-up, I was freaked into action.

Daniel and I just returned from a scouting trip to the Pacific Northwest (sans Stella), and have officially decided to move to Portland, Oregon. We gave our notice to our landlords, and are in the process of signing a lease for a Craftsman duplex (3 plus rooms, plus basement, plus laundry, plus large outdoor patio, plus fireplace, plus parking!!!!). Now, we literally have two weeks to pack up our belongings and ship them cross country. With all this crazy moving and upheaval, I imagine my writing will be scant, but just think of the future chapters to come! I am very, very excited about the changes, and our coming proximity and accessibility to the great outdoors.

2 Comments:

Blogger Swankyloma said...

This is exciting!!! I can't wait to see you, Stella and Dan in a couple weeks.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Reinmorgen said...

Portland is beautiful! And not that far now..... I would love to drive up the coast with the kids and stop in one day! Here's to seeing you and a safe move!
Rein

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home