Thursday, December 06, 2007

Geography Snob

Within the span of less than an hour, I have had my attention brought to two different websites. The first is a Youtube clip of Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader, featuring C celebrity Kelly Pickler of American Idol Fame. I watched this video, and needed a forklift to scrape my jaw off the floor. Granted, I'm a travel consultant, so my knowledge of the world should be better than your average American (sad but true), but I think this woman might have actually graduated from high school (?). How can it be???

In my work email, I was then led to actually test my supposed "Atlas Smarts" with a speed test on locating world cities. I did score an expert rating, but never made it past the 11th round to the 12th and final level. How well do you know your world?

1 Comments:

Blogger Swankyloma said...

I watched the video and was just as shocked as you were. I am by no means a geography buff, but at least I know that Europe is not a country. It is a continent Kelly! Oh, and by the way, French is not the native tongue of people from Budapest.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home